Structured content slides
A talk introducing structured content, definitions and major use cases and benefits. Followed by a primer on content modelling. Ending in a workshop looking exploring:
- deconstructing/reverse engineering a live example to find pieces of content structure,
- reusing, remixing and remodelling the pieces into a new context of use,
- hidden depths and complexities of structured content.
View Working with content structure — an overview with GDS on Notist.
Structured content worksheets
A Mural canvas with three worksheets for exploring aspects of content structure.
I found this training super, super helpful. It was really illuminating to see the difference between the words on the page and the inherent underlying structures. I really liked the categorisation of the different elements of the page structure and the exercise to identify these in the wild. I found it hard, but being given even a basic understanding of how content is organised has given me a better appreciation of what I’m looking at and how it works in relation to my role.Content Designer for GOV.UK
That was awesome; if you are doing a talk like that again as would love to share it with some non-GOV Content Designers!Content Designer at DWP
From the rockstars:
- Designing Connected Content by Mike Atherton and Carrie Hane
- Content Everywhere by Sara Wachter-Boettcher
- Getting started in OOUX playlist by Sophia Prater