Indifference towards people and the reality in which they live is actually the one and only cardinal sin in design — Dieter Rams
Nice example of functional requirements engineering and standardisation on a project that marries legacy infrastructure (the platform height, distance) with a new bespoke build (the new TfL S Stock trains). A usable, inclusive and delightful experience; someone, somewhere, did their job right.
- Approach from front and introduce self
- Ask if would like assistance
- Ask how they would like to be assisted
- Let them hold your arm securely before you start walking.
- Point out things that guided person needs to know about like narrow spaces