What I do
The way I like to work bridges the gaps between the user, context, problem and solution in 6 steps.
However, I adapt my ideal approach based on project priorities, requirements and the resources available.
From formative user research, through experience design, and onto usability and accessibility testing – I design customer-centric products throughout the full design lifecycle and I always ensure that both business and customer needs are met to deliver successful solutions.
- Digital vs. dementia podcast
- The SUPR-Q: primer and reflections
- Making inclusive design happen
- Contextual Inquiry — 8 typical patterns and issues
- Older People Digital Design Guidelines
What people say…
Rik, this work is exceptional, so insightful and is pivotal as we progress [the New Deal on Dementia strategy]. This research is literally ‘gold’.”Paul Underwood, Operations Director (National Services), Alzheimer’s Society.